North Branford Intermediate School
654 Foxon Road
North Branford, CT 06471
Daily Announcements - Day 3C
* The NBIS Writing Lab will begin meeting on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month after school until 3:30 in Mr. Daley's room (D206) beginning Thursday, December 7th. Students who attend will need to arrange for a ride home or sign up in the Library and take the late bus home at 4:00. The Lab is available to any students who want help with their writing, as well as those who want to pursue their own writing interests.
* Fall sports pictures are in - please see Mr. Shaw for your picture.
* Any student that signed up for NBIS Basketball should see Mr. Shaw to be sure you are eligible to try out for the team. Tryouts will be on November 27 and 28. Any student signed up and eligible to tryout should attend both days. Times will be announced next week.
* 6th grade Full Band will meet today (11/20) with all members.
* There will be auditions for Pit Band today (11/20) after school. Please sign up for an audition slot on Mrs. Zoll's door. You should prepare a short solo of your choice and you will do sight reading at the audition.
* We are participating in a friendly competition between the other North Branford schools collecting non-perishable food items for the Food Pantry of North Branford. We will collect for a total of 5 days and the winner will be determined by the highest total combined weight of the collected items. Collection concludes today (11/20). Items may be dropped in the NBIS main lobby.
* Student Council will meet after school today (11/20) until 3:30. Please arrange a ride home or sign up in the Library and take the late bus. All reps and officers are expected to attend. If you have a conflict, please see Mr. Torrente or Mrs. Booth.
* Any student who would like to join the Yearbook Club should stop by the Library to sign up and get an information sheet. The first meeting will be after school in the Library on Monday, November 27th. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Molloy.
* The next Interact Club meeting will be after school today (11/20) in Mrs. Sabetta's room (B306). We are looking for new members. If you like to help the community and "interact" with all kinds of people, then this is the club for you!
* The Interact Club is collecting items for our "Holiday in a Shoebox" project to help people in need in the New Haven area. These items include things like hats, gloves, socks, toothbrushes, hand sanitizer, crayons, pencils and other small gifts. Please help us make this a happy holiday for those in need and bring in some of these items by December 8th. The collection boxes are in front of the office.
* On Friday, December 8th, students and staff are invited to wear their PJ's in honor of children at CT Children's Medical Center. Donations of $1 (or more) will be collected in homeroom and donated to the hospital to help sick children in our community.
* Would you like to create solutions to today's problems and problems of the future? If so, the next meeting of Future Problem Solvers is today (11/20) after school in room A201.
* 7th grade ADL mentors are meeting today (11/20) during AST in the office conference room. Please make sure to check in with your teachers before coming down.
Daily Announcements - Day 2B
Daily Announcements - Day 4A