North Branford Intermediate School
654 Foxon Road
North Branford, CT 06471
Daily Announcements - Day 3C
* The 9th annual NBIS Spelling Bee will be held in the Library on February 27th at 8 a.m. Please stop by the Library to sign up and get a list of words to study. If you've already signed up, don't forget that you'll need a permission slip to participate! The permission slip is for your parents to know that WHEN you win, you'll go to the state-wide spelling bee in Hartford, and after you win THAT, you'll go to the National Spelling Bee in Washington, DC and be on ESPN!
* Beginning on Friday, March 2nd, from 2:20-4:00, Mrs. Monnes is offering an after school enrichment class, Theater Games and Improv. This enrichment class will run for 13 sessions and cost $65. Registration forms are available on the NBIS website under "Student Activities". Forms are due by Thursday, February 26th. Please note that on Fridays, there is no late bus so you will need to make arrangements to be picked up by 4:00.
* The 1st Annual Scavenger Hunt will be on Friday, March 2nd. This is going to be a super fun night filled with racing (safely) around town collecting clues and objects, solving puzzles and riddles, taking photos of town landmarks and even a few hidden people in our community for extra points! Your family can register or you can get a group of friends together to form your team of 3-6 members. Prizes will be awarded to each team! Registration forms are going home today (2/9) and are due back on Friday, February 16th. Don't miss out on this fun night!
* Any student interested in playing soccer should register with the North Branford Soccer Club. The goal of the program is to get students interested in playing, develop skills and ultimately bring soccer back to NBIS. The registration deadline is approaching. Please see Mr. Shaw for details.
* Grade 6 Woodwinds will meet today (2/15).
* There is NO Jazz Band this week.
* Pit Band will meet today (2/15). Please remember that rehearsal runs until 5 p.m. and you must have a ride arranged.
* Tickets for the NBIS Musical "The Music Man" will be on sale in the auditorium lobby after school for $10 each. The show is on February 23rd at 7 p.m. and February 24th at 3 p.m. Hope to see you there! Grab a schedule from Mrs. Monnes for more specific information.
* Writing Lab will meet today (2/15) after school in Mr. Daley's room.
* Are you interested in getting involved with the Unified Sports Team? Join us for some basketball! Sneakers are required. 7th graders will meet in the gym at 1:00 on Friday (2/16). 8th graders and 6th graders will meet next week after the vacation.
* On Friday, March 16th, NBIS is holding a school-wide dance from 7-9 p.m. We are looking for you to come up with a creative theme for the dance. Please write out an appropriate and fun idea and put it in the box labeled "Dance Theme Suggestions", where the PRIDE bins are located near the Library. All suggestions will be reviewed next Thursday and the theme will be announced. We look forward to getting some great ideas!
Daily Announcements - Day 2B
Daily Announcements - Day 5B