North Branford Intermediate School
654 Foxon Road
North Branford, CT 06471
Daily Announcements - Day 1B
* It is the 3rd week of the Read to Grow Book Drive and we still need your books! Please consider donating any gently read books you do not want any more to the book drive to help us reach our goal of 1000 books. The last day to drop off books is March 29th which is not that far away! Make sure to drop them in the boxes outside the Library before it is too late!
* The NBIS PTO Scavenger Hunt is on Friday (3/23).
* Any NBIS girl interested in playing Softball should sign up outside the gym today (3/21). Any 7th or 8th grade boy interested in playing Baseball should sign up outside the gym today (3/21). To be eligible to participate, players must have a current physical and sports forms on file with the school. Please see Mr. Shaw if you have any questions.
* It's that time of year again! The NBIS Writing Lab is creating the spring publication of our school literary magazine and we need your submissions. We want your poems, short stories, essays, nonfiction, and artwork. Just make sure your artwork is not on lined or graph paper. Submission boxes are located in Mr. Daley's room, Mrs. Milewski's room and the Library. The submission deadline is Friday, April 13th! Get writing!
* Permission slips are available for students involved in the Unified Sports program for the game at Sheehan High School. All forms are due by Monday, March 26th, when there will be a mandatory practice after school. Late bus will be available.
* We are starting a new after school club called "Student Expressions"! We will meet once a month and each time we meet we will talk about different topics of interest based upon student request. Monday (3/26) will be the first meeting. If you have a love of music then this meeting may be of interest to you. We will meet after school to listen to music that you are interested in, as long as it is appropriate for school, and discuss the meaning of the lyrics and why you like it. So come to the first meeting of Expressions on Monday after school until 3:30. You will need a ride home at that time or sign up to stay in the Library for the late bus. We will make friends, talk music and hang out. Come to Mr. Torrente's room and express yourself!
* Arbor Day is on Friday, April 27th. As we did last year, students that are chosen to be a part of the day will spend that day learning about the Earth, trees, global climate change and other environmental issues. Students that are interested in these topics are encouraged to submit their names to Mr. Bowers. The day is open to all NBIS students. If you want to be a part of Arbor Day, please see Mr. Bowers.
* We will have an early dismissal today (3/21) at 11:40. Lunch will NOT be served.
Daily Announcements - Day 6C
Daily Announcements - Day 2C