North Branford Intermediate School
654 Foxon Road
North Branford, CT 06471
Daily Announcements - Day 4B
* It is the last week of March and the last week of the Read to Grow Book Drive! Thanks to everyone who has donated books so far! Right now we have over 700 books and we are so close to reaching our goal! Please take a look around your house to see if there are any books you are no longer reading and would like to donate to help us reach our goal of 1000 books!
* It's that time of year again! The NBIS Writing Lab is creating the spring publication of our school literary magazine and we need your submissions. We want your poems, short stories, essays, nonfiction, and artwork. Just make sure your artwork is not on lined or graph paper. Submission boxes are located in Mr. Daley's room, Mrs. Milewski's room and the Library. The submission deadline is Friday, April 13th! Get writing!
* Permission slips are available for students involved in the Unified Sports program for the game at Sheehan High School. All forms are due today (3/26), when there will be a mandatory practice after school. Late bus will be available.
* We are starting a new after school club called "Student Expressions"! We will meet once a month and each time we meet we will talk about different topics of interest based upon student request. Today (3/26) is the first meeting. If you have a love of music then this meeting may be of interest to you. We will meet after school to listen to music that you are interested in, as long as it is appropriate for school, and discuss the meaning of the lyrics and why you like it. Come to the first meeting of Expressions after school today until 3:30. You will need a ride home at that time or sign up to stay in the Library for the late bus. We will make friends, talk music and hang out. Come to Mr. Torrente's room and express yourself!
* Arbor Day is on Friday, April 27th. As we did last year, students that are chosen to be a part of the day will spend that day learning about the Earth, trees, global climate change and other environmental issues. Students that are interested in these topics are encouraged to submit their names to Mr. Bowers. The day is open to all NBIS students. If you want to be a part of Arbor Day, please see Mr. Bowers.
* 8th grade students taking Latin next year and are interested in State Latin Day must return their money and permission slips to Ms. Ducharme by Tuesday (3/27).
* There will be a Yearbook Club meeting today (3/26) after school in the Library. Please let Ms. Molloy know if you cannot attend.
* Future Problem Solvers will meet today (3/26) after school in room B205.
* The Future Problem Solvers competed at the FPS State Competition this past weekend in North Haven and did a fantastic job competing against FPS groups from all over Connecticut. Representing NBIS were Zach Chittenden, Jason Collins, Nathan Higgins and Luke Izzo. Their coach, Mr. Carey, is very proud of his team and all the hard work they put into Future Problem Solvers leading up to this year's State Competition.
Daily Announcements - Day 3A
Daily Announcements - Day 5C