North Branford Intermediate School
654 Foxon Road
North Branford, CT 06471
Day 1C - Next School Day 2A
* Today is a 1C Day - the next school day will be a 2A Day
* Any student interested in playing Basketball at NBIS should sign up outside the gym TODAY (11/9). Please see Mr. Shaw if you have any questions.
* Any student interested in being in the Yearbook Club should see Ms. Molloy in the Library.
* Do you love to read? Do you love to give your opinion? The Nutmeg Book Award Selection Committee is now looking for student readers for the 2019 school year. If you are interested in helping choose the state-wide Nutmeg Books for the 2019-2020 school year, see Ms. Molloy in the Library for an application.
* 7th grade Full Band will NOT meet today (11/9). 8th grade Full Band Brass only will meet on Monday (11/12). 6th grade Brass only will meet on Tuesday (11/13). This is a change for 6th grade from previously discussed information.
* Picture Retake Day is on Thursday (11/15) for retakes, anyone absent on the first picture day, and all NBIS Clubs. Sports teams will NOT get their picture taken on Thursday, those are scheduled with coaches. See Ms. Molloy with any questions.
* Any first quarter Theatre Arts students who still have a folder in Mrs. Monnes's room should pick it up before Tuesday (11/13).
* Interact Club will meet after school on Tuesday (11/13) in Mrs. Sabetta's room (B306). We are looking for new members. If you like to help the community and "interact" with all kinds of people, then this is the club for you!
* The Interact Club is collecting items for the "Holiday in a Shoebox" project to help children in need in the New Haven area. These items include things like mittens, gloves, socks, toothbrushes, hand sanitizer, gum, Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds gift cards, and other small gifts. Please help us make this a happy holiday for those in need by bringing in some of these items no later than November 27th. The collection boxes are located in the lobby.
* NBIS students planning to attend the NBHS football game need to be under the supervision of an adult!
* The Lady Hawk Volleyball fans on Thursday were treated to the most exciting Volleyball match of the year in a packed NBIS gym. After trailing the first game 14-2, the Hawks came storming back to defeat an upstart Elm City squad 25-23. Leading the charge was 6th grader Adriana Hills who went on an extended serving spree. The team completed the shutout by winning the second game handily led by 8th graders Spencer Carroll and Carlie Rodriquez. The JVs completed the evening by routing the Elm City JV team. The team was led by Desi Wilson. The JVs completed a very successful 10-1 season. The Volleyball team will be celebrating their season with a year end pizza party in the cafe on Tuesday (11/13) after school. All players are encouraged to attend.
Day 6A - Next School Day 1C
Day 2A - Next School Day 3B