North Branford Intermediate School
654 Foxon Road
North Branford, CT 06471
Day 3B - Next School Day 4C
* Today is a 3B Day - the next school day will be a 4C Day
* 6th grade Brass only will meet today (11/13). This is a change from previously discussed information.
* Picture Retake Day is on Thursday (11/15) for retakes, anyone absent on the first picture day, and all NBIS Clubs. Sports teams will NOT get their picture taken on Thursday, those are scheduled with coaches. See Ms. Molloy with any questions.
* Any first quarter Theatre Arts students who still have a folder in Mrs. Monnes's room should pick it up today (11/13).
* Interact Club will meet after school today (11/13) in Mrs. Sabetta's room (B306). We are looking for new members. If you like to help the community and "interact" with all kinds of people, then this is the club for you!
* The Interact Club is collecting items for the "Holiday in a Shoebox" project to help children in need in the New Haven area. These items include things like mittens, gloves, socks, toothbrushes, hand sanitizer, gum, Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds gift cards, and other small gifts. Please help us make this a happy holiday for those in need by bringing in some of these items no later than November 27th. The collection boxes are located in the lobby.
* The Lady Hawk Volleyball fans on Thursday were treated to the most exciting Volleyball match of the year in a packed NBIS gym. After trailing the first game 14-2, the Hawks came storming back to defeat an upstart Elm City squad 25-23. Leading the charge was 6th grader Adriana Hills who went on an extended serving spree. The team completed the shutout by winning the second game handily led by 8th graders Spencer Carroll and Carlie Rodriquez. The JVs completed the evening by routing the Elm City JV team. The team was led by Desi Wilson. The JVs completed a very successful 10-1 season. The Volleyball team will be celebrating their season with a year end pizza party in the cafe today (11/13) after school. All players are encouraged to attend.
* Newspaper Club will NOT meet this week.
* Robotics Club will NOT meet this week.
* Future Problem Solvers will meet after school on Thursday (11/15) in Mrs. Sabetta's room (B306).
* NBIS Basketball tryouts will be this week on Wednesday (11/14), Thursday (11/15) and Friday (11/16). Girls will tryout from 2:30-4:00 and the boys will tryout 4:00-5:30 all three days. Players should attend all three days. Girls can take the late bus or be picked up at 4:00. The boys will need to arrange a ride home at 5:30. Please see Mr. Shaw if you have any questions.
* If you are a grade 8 student interested in applying for the National Junior Honor Society, please remember that November 27th is the final day for you to give your teachers recommendation forms. Remember that applications are due on December 14th and we will not accept late applications.
* Select Chorus will meet today (11/13) after school until 4:00. Please bring your music. See you there!
* There will be NO Full Chorus or Full Band for grade 6 students today (11/13).
Day 2A - Next School Day 3B
Day 4C - Next School Day 5A